What is a warrior?
- One who is engaged in or experienced in battle
- One who is engaged aggressively or energetically in an activity, cause, or conflict
1 Peter 2:21 "...leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps..."
Ephesians 6:11-12 “Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”
What is this armour of God that we are to put on? Ephesians 6:13-19
- have our loins girt about with truth
- having on the breastplate of righteousness
- feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace
- taking the shield of faith
- take the helmet of salvation
- have the sword of the Spirit
- watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints
|Armour #1 -
Loins girt about with Truth
- the parts of the body between the hips and the lower ribs, especially regarded as the seat of physical strength and generative power (emphasis supplied)
What is Truth?
John 17:17 “…thy Word is truth.”
Armour #2 -
Breastplate of Righteousness
What is righteousness?
Philippians 1:9-11 "This I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; that ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ; being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God."
Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Proverbs 11:4 "...righteousness delivereth from death."
Deuteronomy 6:25 "And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us."
Isaiah 59:17 "For he put on righteousness as a breastplate..."
Armour #3 -
Feet Shod with the Preparation of the Gospel of Peace
Footwear (shoes) - helps the warrior run freely, safely and confidently while focusing his attention to the battle that is going on
What is the gospel?
Mark 1:1 "The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God..."
Matthew 24:14 "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world..."
Acts 20:24 "...the gospel of the grace of God."
Joshua 5:13 "[Art] thou for us, or for our adversaries?"
Joshua 5:14 "...as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come..."